Everyone instantly thinks of Download Adobe Reader when talking about PDF files. On Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices, Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is cloud-based software to view and annotate PDF documents. Try the Chromebook. Can I use a Chromebook to access Adobe Reader? Yes. For Chromebooks, Adobe Reader is available. One of the top PDF editors available for Chromebooks in 2022 is Adobe Reader. Although free to use, Adobe Reader has a paid version that has additional features.
- Editing the PDF files
- Create a new PDF file
- Convert a PDF file to other formats like PNG, JPG, Docs, and more.
- Compress the size of PDF files
- Protect your PDF file with a password
- Combine two PDF files
Features of Adobe Reader
Let’s look at its features before learning how to use Download Adobe Reader on a Chromebook.
- Includes a free global standard document management system.
- Annotation includes adding comments, sticky notes, markup texts, highlights, etc.
- View, review, sign, and send the shared documents.
- Track the pending actions of the documents that are shared with you.
- You can add a signature to the PDF document easily.
- Work with scanned documents, fill out, and sign forms.
- Let’s you upload and sign documents.
- You can compare two PDF files for updates and changes.
- It supports accessing PDF and other files from cloud storage services like Google Drive, One Drive, DropBox, and a few more.
How to Use Download Adobe Reader on Chromebook
There are three ways to use a Chromebook to access Adobe Reader. Using the web version would be the ideal and most easy solution. Install the Android version of Adobe Reader if your Chromebook supports the Google Play Store. In addition, the Chrome Web Store offers a native version of Adobe Reader. As a result, adding it to your Chromebook is simple.
Using the Web Version
#1. open the Chrome browser on the Chromebook.
#2. Go to http://online.adobe.com/acrobat/.
#3. If you don’t already have an Adobe account, sign up for one now or create a new one. You can also sign in with your Apple, Google, or Facebook accounts.
#4. The home page of the web version of Adobe Reader will show up on the screen after logging in.
#5. If you wish to open the PDF file that is locally stored on the Chromebook, click the Upload a file option.
#6. Various settings are available on the home screen.
- Convert to PDF
- Compress PDF
- Edit Text & images
- PDF to JPG
- Export a PDF
Using the Play Store
You can install the Adobe Reader software from Play Store if your Chromebook’s OS version is 53 or higher.
On a Chromebook, enable Play Store by:
- Click on the Account icon to select the Settings icon.
- Select Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook option.
- Click on Get Started.
- Hit I Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
- Select Sign In.
- Click Accept.
(1). Use the launcher to open the Google Play Store app.
(2). Click Adobe Reader in the search box by clicking there. Enter by pressing the key.
(3). From the search results, pick Adobe Acrobat Reader.
(4). To download it, click on the Install button.
(5). After installation, click Open from the menu.
(6). Adobe Reader is now available on Chromebooks.
As Chrome Extension
Adobe Acrobat is available from the Chrome Web Store for users of earlier Chromebooks. To obtain it,
(1). open your Chromebook’s Chrome browser.
(2). Type “Abode Reader” in the address bar and press the Enter key.
(3). Visit Adobe Acrobat’s official Chrome Web Store link.
(4). Click the Add to Chrome button by clicking.
(5). Simply click the Add extension button on the pop-up window.
(6). You can use the extension to view and read all the PDF files on your Chromebook after it has been installed,
Adobe Reader Alternatives for Chrome OS
Here are a few services you can use instead of Adobe Reader on Chromebooks.
Without Adobe Reader, accessing PDF files wouldn’t be any better. Choose the method you choose to open PDF files on the Chromebook easily based on the model of your device.