Smart TVs are a helpful way for people to watch their favorite content today. By installing the apps, they can watch all the movies, TV shows, and live content on their Smart TV. There is a specific store where customers may download the necessary Smart TV apps. The LG Content Store is a separate app store for the LG Smart TV. Besides the apps, LG Content Store also contains a few movies and shows you can buy directly. You may install all streaming apps to LG Smart TV from that store.
How to Install or Add Apps on LG Smart TV Running on webOS
You must have a working internet connection to download apps for your LG TV.
(1) Switch on your LG Smart TV and create a network connection.
(2) open the LG Content Store to browse the wide selection of movies, television shows, games, and apps.
(3) Choose the Apps category and use the search bar or the category filter to select your app.
(4) Once you’ve located your app, click INSTALL to select the download.
(5) To launch the app after download, click LAUNCH.
(6) Your TV’s home screen is another place from which you can start the app.
How to Download Apps on Old LG Smart TVs Running on Netcast
(1) Press the Home button on your TV remote to start.
(2) Select it after going to the More section.
(3) select which app you wish to download.
(4) Sign in to your LG account when requested. To register for an LG account, click here.
(5) You can download the app to your TV after logging in.
Is it possible to download third-party apps on LG Smart TV?
NO. Since LG Smart TVs use the webOS operating system, there is no way to sideload or download apps from unauthorized sources. Apps that are exclusive to the LG content store can be downloaded. Use streaming devices like Firestick or Mi TV Box to run third-party apps on your LG Smart TV.
How to Delete or Uninstall Apps on LG Smart TV
(1) To open the app’s dashboard, press the intelligent home button on your remote.
(2) Use your LG Smart TV’s navigation to remove the app you want to uninstall.
(3) Use your remote’s Up button to highlight the X mark.
(4) At this point, press the enter key on your remote.
(5) The screen will display a warning pop-up. To remove the app from your TV, select the Okay menu.
Popular Apps on LG Content Store
All the well-known apps you can think of are available in the LG Content Store. There are apps for everything, including movies, TV shows, news, sports, entertainment, kids’ content, and education. ESPN, Paramount+, HBO Max, PBS, Hulu, DirecTV, MLB, Xfinity Stream, BeachBody, CBS, ABC, Starz, BT Sport, CTV, Netflix, CW, Roku Channel, Peloton, Crave, Facebook, Acorn TV, and other well-known apps are just a few of the most widely used ones. In addition, you may find games like Agent Sudoku, Buy Palace, Natural Object, Shoot The Arrow, Spot The Not, Puzzle Game, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it possible to install apps from a USB drive on an LG Smart TV?
No. As we have said, you cannot install apps from a USB drive or any other device. It is only available for download from the LG Content Store.
2. Can I install Android apps on my LG Smart TV?
No. The LG TV does not install the installation of Android apps.